Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Art For Art Sake?

I want to address my notions that  while social practice artists are creating calllobrations, cultural production, physical and dialogical interaction, aesthetic experience. There is an outcome to be had from every intervention. 


I will argue that these hybrid practices, and specifically what i am calling dialogical art practices, possess their own positive aesthetic content and are more than mere suppplements to the authentic work of painting and sculpture - Grant H.Kester, Converstaion Pieces.
I want to  draw attention to 'socially engaging art practices',  Kester discusses these practices ...
discuss later..



Exhibitions- Who are they directed towards?

Exhibition Spaces have being playing in my head the last while. I have been to a few exhibitions recently. and to say the least.. how boring... the same people.. the same places.. the same conversations.. the same artists trying to expose and keep in conversations with the right people, the little artist elite society. 

I must have an exhibition and call it...

''THIS IS NOT AN EXHIBITION AND YOU ARE NOT PARTICIPATING!!''

No comments:

Post a Comment